As summer quickly comes to an end and the cooler weather makes it way upon us, it may be the perfect time for a furnace checkup. Of course, there is never a bad time to get your furnace tune-up but with the cold weather on its way, it may be best to have your home ready sooner than later. Now you may be wondering “why do I need a furnace checkup?” which is exactly what we will be going over in this article. Continue reading to learn more about furnace checkups and when the best time for a quick tune-up may be.
The benefits of a furnace checkup:
- A furnace checkup and tune-up is done to ensure that your system is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Therefore, a furnace tune-up will allow for increased energy efficiency.
- There will be less risk of a system breakdown.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance on your furnace will ensure it has a longer system lifespan.
- A tune-up can help ensure better heating performance overall.
What is the best time for this quick tune-up?
Again, as previously stated, there is no wrong time to have your furnace checked. However, if you want to ensure that you will have no further problems leading into those cooler winter months, then we would recommend a checkup around the first few weeks of the fall season. With all of this in mind, it is also important to ensure that you have your durance checked at least once every year. Not only will this ensure that everything is running efficiently but it will also keep your warranty from year to year.
What is involved in an annual furnace cleaning?
These scheduled furnace checkups and cleanings include:
- Checking the thermostat settings in order to ensure that the system is properly running
- Inspecting electrical connections as well as testing voltage on the system components to prevent any component failure in the future
- Lubricating moving parts
- Inspecting the condensate drain for obstruction
Why you should consider using Finish Line Heating & Cooling
At Finish Line Heating and Cooling, we’ll walk you through choosing an efficient furnace that meets your home’s exact needs, even your budget. Whether your current unit suddenly gave out or you’ve been planning to replace an older furnace, our goal at Finish Line is to provide you with the best value for your money. To learn more, contact Finish Line Heating and Cooling today for everything you need to know about furnaces and HVAC.